Monday, April 4, 2016

I Can't Be the Only One...

Pre-construction meeting set for 4.18. Groundbreaking scheduled for 4.24.
I've mentioned this in earlier posts, but I'm really struggling with selection angst. I'm going to just leave my list here in the hopes that one of you that's been there can talk me off the ledge or offer some advice. Maybe someone who questioned their choices until they saw them all come together in the finished house?

This horrible feeling is normal, right?

Model - wish I had priced out the Torino.
Garage extension - wish I had sucked it up and paid for the 2' extension.
Exterior selections - wish I had been able to talk the Hubs into my graphite grey scheme.
Kitchen selections - wish I had:

  1. Picked white cabinets (rather than cream)
  2. Declined the free granite promo and picked a free laminate so I we could get quartz on our own.
  3. Vented stove outside (rather than relying on microwave fan/filter)
  4. Moved microwave elsewhere so we could install our own vent hood
Power - wish I had added more outlets everywhere including 220V in the garage and basement.
Other - wish I had agreed to suck up the price to do the hardwood stairs with wrought iron balusters. 


#thestruggleisreal
#toomuchtimebeforebuilding
#readingtoomanyblogs
#toomuchpinterest
#toomuchhouzz






3 comments:

  1. This isn't going to make you feel better but we had originally picked the Rome but after picking all our finishes finally got to walk through one and decided it needed a morning room...so we priced it out and it wasn't much different than a Torino without a morning room. BUT I know base prices are different everywhere.
    All are paperwork was done, permits were applied for, and we changed out minds!
    Cream cabinets are pretty! I'm worried my white (Linen) will look cheap!
    Exterior, it's too late to change it so start embracing it!
    Granite- I definitely get wanting quartz. But I promise that they wouldn't have given you a discount if it was included in your promo so laminate would be the same price. Maybe in a few years you can get new counters and perhaps use that granite as a wet bar in your basement or even an outside kitchen!
    Moving the microwave is a good idea...wish I would have done that!
    I had a friend rip up the carpet on her stairs and just sand and stain the wood under. Sounds like an easy and fun DIY!

    I'm currently struggling with not adding an extra outlet onto the island even though I asked Guardian about it. Not sure what happened to that conversation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! I can't edit it but I don't know how I put "are" for "our" and I can't stand to just leave it there unchecked! And further more "out" is clearly supposed to be "our" as well.

      Delete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog and I see that we have the same dates for pre-construction and ground breaking (well ours is 4/25) for our Rome as well! I will be following your blog closely since it seems we are at exactly the same point right now. I started my blog way too late, I wanted to start it weeks ago but things are just so crazy busy right now. If you are interested my blog is here: http://fromdirttohomesweethome.blogspot.com/

    Beware, we picked the "vomit" granite. Haha!

    ReplyDelete