Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 11: Stone, House Number, AC, NVR Hell, and Some Happy News


Week 11 - July 25 - July 31, 2016

 

Days 71 - 77
  • House locked up!
  • 7/26 - Stone on front of house
  • 7/27 - AC starts up
  • 7/29 - Hardwoods supposed to be installed (nope)
  • PM tasks: switching swing on master bath and laundry room doors, checking island placement for oven door clearance


  • Cabinet delivery scheduled for 8/8
    • Cabinet touch-up (trim, replacement for dinged up pieces, etc.)
    • Switch out of hall and guest bath oak vanities for correct Fairfield Wheat


This week was LAME. We had to rely on pics from neighbors and friends -and only from the outside.
We're assuming the AC was started up per our PM's note, but can't confirm.
We did drive up to see the house on Saturday afternoon, but found it completely locked up. Hubs did pry up the garage door, but found the inside door locked too.  He did peek through the windows to confirm that there were no hardwoods in sight. Sigh. I so desperately wanted to say something that sounds a lot like "My Rold Too Go", but bit my tongue.


NVR Hell. We are so there. The ongoing and constant requests (and re-re-requests) for documents has never really stopped or slowed. This week was particularly brutal. If I get asked to send a letter confirming that I have full access to the funds in our JOINT CHECKING ACCOUNT, ONE more time, I'm going to lose it. I've literally uploaded that stupid letter 3-4x since February or March. To say nothing of the documentation required to support Hub's freaking paycheck deposits. Insanity.


Time for some happy news. You recall me complaining about not feeling well for my last several posts? Well, there's a good reason for all of my misery. We're having another baby Fab. (S)he is due February 5. Munchie is over the moon about being a big sister. However, she has a stipulation that the baby is only allowed to be a girl. A girl named "Princess Allie Aurora."  I told her I would do my best. So the bedroom closest to ours/ next to the hall bath has been claimed.


I hope everyone else is enjoying their build experience. If you need me, I'll be curled up on the bathroom floor in our friends' house; praying for the nausea to pass and Ryan to finish the damn house soon.






Day 73: Stone Being Installed












3 comments:

  1. Bummer for your house being locked! We climbed through windows until they installed our screens, haha!!
    I seriously think I did a happy dance once we closed because I KNOW we won't be dealing with NVR anymore. The guy at closing even said they sell off the loan to someone else, so yay to that!
    And congrats on the big news! That's super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being pregnant! So exciting :)

    I'm so sorry your house was locked up! I know how disappointing that is.

    I keep hearing such horror stories about NVR. Thankful we had someone very competent and ran into zero issues. I hope it's smooth sailing from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new baby!

    We've only had great experience with NVR. Our rep was very easy to work with. We've only received one courtesy call from them since our loan approval back in February. Sorry to hear of so many horror stories dealt with NVR.

    ReplyDelete