Days 85 - 91
8/13 - Door unlocked = surprise visit!
So, we were sad that we wouldn't get to see any progress this week. But an invite to a friend's pool in the area meant a drive by/ door try. We were met with unexpected success!
- Floors uncovered - looks amazing, but now nervous about them getting damaged!
- Appliances installed - need to check these for accuracy. I thought we were getting "gas on glass", and we saw gas on stainless.
- Cabinets swapped out for correct finish
- Laundry-room door swing changed (YAY!)
- Banister stained
- 1 coat of paint on front door
- Interior & exterior door handles installed
- Yard grading
- Toilets installed
- Corrected cabinet and side panels around fridge opening
- Missing handles on garage door
- Replace/repair dented garage door (a new find)
- More coats of paint on the front door
- Door swing on master bath
- Drywall repairs noted previously (didn't check on these)
- Landscaping & hydro seed (sigh)
- Cleaning (obviously)
- Final painting
- We finally locked in the interest rate on our 80% mortgage (doing an 80/15/5), but are still waiting for the paperwork on the 15% one...
- We ordered our new king bed and bedroom set (moving up from a queen!)
- Submitted my company's internet service request form (they pay for our access!)
- Still need to order a fridge, coffee/side tables for the family room, our daughter's "big girl bed", etc. etc.
- Need to call the utilities about switching over
- Need to call Guardian about final stuff. Not sure what this is for, but we were told to do this at our pre-drywall meeting, and I'm already a week late....oops.
- Shop for rugs, blinds, curtains, garage door opener, dehumidifier, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. (basically, hemorrhage money).
Our pre-settlement walk-through is scheduled for Monday (8/22) at 2pm.
People. This is really happening!